Sunday, December 28, 2008

Family Problems

She faced off to Kobe, she was tired of her trash talking and her ignorant mouth. Shinya, Ravenite, and Phynix had already attempted to take the vampire down, however she was too strong for them. She was cocky and she was trying to take advantage of the family. That would not be the case while she was around. She was a reaver and it was her job to make sure things like this didn’t happen. She gave Kobe fair enough warning to leave, as she lowered her blades slowly, she realized that it was going to take more than words to remove her. She called her guns from the shadows to her hands as she held on to them tightly and raised them up to Kobe. They fought and they fought, and they fought for 30 long minutes before finally, her stamina was no match to Kobe’s. She collapsed to her knees feeling the bullet wound in her stomach as she glared up to her. Kobe had finally gotten her satisfaction, she wanted a challenging fight.

She made her way to the pit as Shinya coated her with shadows helping heal the minor cuts that she had received from the passing bullets. She slumped over onto the couch as the anger started to overwhelm her; she stood up and pulled her dagger from behind her back. She closed her eyes at first and then opened them slowly. Completely coated in shadows she used the adrenaline and darkness to fuel her as she dug the dagger into her stomach to extract the bullet. She dropped the empty casing and bloody dagger onto the floor as she continues to stand there, blood pouring down her stomach. She didn’t even care anymore. Physical injuries were nothing to her. Finally, Shaynee stepped in and laid a warming hand on her shoulder as the bullet wound started to close. It was at that time she mentally lost it, she collapsed on to the couch curling up into a little ball.. “I need to go to the beach, I need to see him.”

She visited the beach again; as she had every day looking down to see if the shadows had returned. To her disappointment, there was nothing. She lowered her head and turned making her way to Haven. She needed a break, away from everything and alcohol was the only way she knew how to make it happen.

She walked into haven and paused as she looked around, at that exact moment she heard Ravenite’s voice “well, look what the cat dragged in.” She sighed, she wasn’t in the mood, but she bucked it up and moved over to the table noticing Blue, Monk, Ravenite, and her sister. She walked up to her sister, Devi’s chair and rested a hand lightly on the back as she spoke “Interesting crowd.” She heard Ravenite start to say “Hey Catt…” he stopped midway and changed his words “Sister.” She acknowledged both Ravenite and Blue as she looked down to Monk and smiled “hello my friend.” Monk was a friend of Devi’s that she watched over closely, last time she had spoke to him he had backed away from her trembling. She wanted to make sure he kept that up; she would not have anything happen to her sister. Devi looked to her and grinned “hello sis.”

Ravenite nodded “I’m sorry, when me and your sister get together, things get wild, she has some interesting kinks.” Blue grinned to her and leaned over Ravenite. She let her hand run softly over Devi’s neck, her flowing red hair tickled and circled around her fingers as she looked back down to her, “so how are things love? Is Monk treating you well?” Ravenite turned his attention back on to Devi as his eyes focused onto her chest “Well something’s certainly run in the family.” Devi looked around the table, “well, it’s a interesting life I lead I guess. Who knows, if I play my cards right I might even get to see you all in my dreams tonight.” Devi slid her finger over the rim of her glass as she idly lifted the finger to her lips before looking up to her, “what brings you to Haven Vish?” She shrugged in response “I came for a drink and decided to stop when I saw some interesting folks,” her eyes trailed over to Monk “and decided to entertain myself with conversation.” She looked up to Blue and Ravenite and asked politely “and how are things going you two?”

She noticed Monk lean back as Blue caught her attention with a smile, “things are great, just need to feed.” She shook her head at Blue’s comment “You won’t be getting anything from me today hun, I don’t know what came over me, but its over.” Blue chuckled “Damn, you sis you were a good meal that day.” Ravenite perked up at that time smirking “you seem to have a refreshed soul though, why not feed a brother?” She laughed at Blue’s comments “well if you insist Blue,” she looked down to Monk “I’m sure I can play with someone to feed you,” she ignored Ravenite’s comment about eating her soul. Ravenite crossed his arms “just let me nibble a little blondie.” She winked to Blue as she looked down over Monk sliding her hand away from Devi moving it over to try and trace lightly over his arm, “my soul is my own Raven… nibble on my sisters.” Monk’s hair stood up as she touched him as Ravenite continued on “mmmm so I got your permission to nibble on your sister’s soul…how…delightful,” his eyes flared up as he looked over Devi.

Devi glared at her “he can try, of course he might break a tooth, witches don’t make tender morsels.” She shrugged listening to her sister “she needs to turn, I can’t seem to talk her into it sooo…” she smiled as she leaned forward towards Monk letting her eyes move over him, “hello Monk.” Monk looked up to her as he tried to speak “ummmm… hi” She motioned towards his lap as she smiled sweetly “Can I join you, we seem to be out of chairs and I would love a place to get comfortable.” He looks up to her “I guess.” Devi’s eyes flared green for a second as she frowned, she didn’t trust her when she was in this kind of mood. She took Monk’s answer as a yes as she slid into his lap to the side her legs hanging over the chairs edge lightly as she let a hand trace lightly over his muzzle, “thank you.” Monk shivered a bit “no problem.” She noticed the shiver as she leaned as she leaned up against him letting her fingers walk over his shoulder lightly, “why are you trembling?” Monk tried his best to stop as he mumbled “just got cold.” She moved her hand to the side and lightly whispered in his ear, “It doesn’t have anything to do with me does it?” Devi frowned at her “don’t you have your own friends to mack on woman?” Monk shook his head no as she moved forward and purred lightly in Monk’s ear as she looked at her sister letting her head rest on Monk’s chest lightly, “I think you were busy trying to defend your soul from Raven or shall I find another way to make it change?”

Devi’s eyes began to glow as she glared at her, her fingers begin to drum on the table and her breath escaped out in a hiss, “my soul is just fine as it is. Mind your own my sister.” She shifted slightly as she got more comfortable against Monk, using his body for warmth, “your soul may be fine in your eyes, but once again as we previously discussed you are denying your true nature… why do you fight it? Why will you not let the true Devi come out?” Ravenite spoke up suddenly “is she on her period or something?” Devi looked to them both, “well I am feeling some mood swings, so you never know dear sweet Raven. And Vishy, be careful what you wish for, the last time a Nightfire sister turned we had our blood on the streets. Do you really think I would willingly evoke that again?” She held out her palm as her sister finished her words as her eyes flooded over with shadows, a small shadow like creature came forth as she lowered it to the table, the creature danced over to Devi and began to manipulate her concentration as she whispered softly to her sister, “playing in the shadows is fun my love.”

Devi glared at the little creature watching it dance as Ravenite got excited “its mini Dante!!!” before he continued on, “you know Vish, your sis would look hot as one of us.” She slammed her hand down on the table at that instant, the shadow creature suddenly dissipated as she glared at her sister “I have been far to kind to you lately my sister; I have let you feel your way around this city like a lost cause but our family bloodlines are too strong to let you continue on this path, you will change or you will be forced to change.” She leaned back up against Monk letting her free hand trace lightly over his fur. Ravenite came back with one of his famous one liners as her eyes never moved from her sisters, “Well…that gave me a hardon.” Devi started to speak trying to change the top of conversation “sooooo anyways, anyone going to the Righteous ball?” Devi jumped when she heard her slam her hand on to the table and started to yell back to her “I shall choose my own path Vishous. You shall not choose for me. You have learned nothing if you think force will sway me!”

Her hand balled into a fist onto the table as her eyes turned completely dark, the shadows still dancing over them, “then you have failed to learn exactly what it is I do my sister, I want you to be complete and a part of a new family, a family that is stronger then anything you could of ever imagined. You will understand dear love that you need to change and feel the power that is hiding within you.” Her fingers started to tap repeatedly on the table as she grew more agitated in a small beating rhythm. Ravenite smirked eyeing Devi, “you know, four shadows holding you down as a fifth places some demonic seeds into you will get you singing a very different tone.” Her fingers suddenly came to a stop as she continues to glare at Devi speaking quietly “Raven, despite his crude tactics has a point. I am not the only one who thinks you would do well with the family.” She turns her attention back to Monk as she lets her hand trace over his muzzle lightly, “maybe we should have Monk do the dirty work and have a little nibble on you hmmm?”

Devi’s eyes started to glow, her powers flaring to life within, “I imagine it would. But I would not go quietly into the night. Thou underestimate me severely I think. I am not some common street tramp standing on a corner to be molded to someone else’s will. I am a daughter of witches and kings. I am a Nightfire. My soul is my own and ya’ll can kiss my ass!” Devi suddenly raised out of her chair in a flurry glaring at them all as she whirled around and strode out of Haven. As she left all you could hear was her muttering “bloody shadows” as a trail of green light followed her. It was at that time she took her leave, she stood slowly as her frowned.. could anything go right today?

No comments: