Sunday, December 28, 2008

In Dream Land..

She laid back on the bed as she stared up the ceiling, her feet and legs dangling over the edge. The heaviness of her boots pulled on her legs and she sighed as she grunted forcing herself to sit up and slide her boots off. She was tired and it seemed like it had been ages since she had been able to sleep for more then 2 solid hours. It wasn’t long before the exhaustion overcame her and she fell into a deep sleep curled up onto the bed in a tight ball. The dream was in her mind before she knew it…

~~She walked into the church and looked up stumbling unable to believe her eyes… “D.. D..ev?” She noticed him look down and spot a bible that she had previously torn up on the ground and curse under his breath,”damn kids vandalizing things.” He looked up hearing her voice, “good afternoon Vishous.” She tried to regain her composure, “your….alive?”

He folded his arms across his chest and nodded, “in a sense… yes I am.” She let her eyes drift to the bible and then back up to Dev finally noticing the wings on his back, “oh no..so that means all the rumors I have heard are true?” Dev looked back to the bible, then to her, “that depends… what are the rumors?” She spoke softly, she couldn’t tear her eyes away from him, “you were killed… by that mutt Wotan.. I .. I thought you were gone, especially right after we started talking again and made amends, then I heard you had been seen here.” She looked around the church and shivered. Dev grinned and nodded, “well, I guess the rumors are true then.” He reached down and picked the bible up, holding it together at the seams putting it back down onto the podium. She couldn’t help but step forward and touch him lightly.

Dev smirked at her, “you still like rubbing up on me don’t ya?” She completely disregarded the statement and jumped up to give him a hug. He caught her and laughed “second shadow hug I got today. You guys missed me the last couple days.” She snarled, “who was the first?” Dev smiled “Kishi was the first, she didn’t press quite as tightly as you though.” She stepped back, “I just figured it was more then that I was a shadow, but if that’s how you feel.” Dev shrugged, “friends or no, you’re still a shadow.. no changing that no changing the way I feel about them.” She glared at him, “same could be said about you when you were in the pack, but I looked past that for you.” Dev quirked a brow, “you should be glad I was in the pack, its what got us speaking again.”

She was suddenly starting to get angry, in a moment that she should be re-joicing that her dear friend was back she wanted to strangle him, “well maybe if you would of taken two seconds to speak to me about my change and what happened instead of going all billy gun on my ass you would understand why I am where I am now.” Dev laughed, “you mean changing from a good guy to a shadow? I didn’t need to ask about that it was self explanatory.” She stepped back even further away from him, “so you assume…” Dev immediately came back at her, “I’m no fool Vishous, I had seen it done before.. the shadows tempting the Righteous girls into joining them, turning them against the Righteous.. you weren’t the first nor will you be the last.” She wanted to hit him suddenly but she refrained and tried to keep her composure as she spoke to him, “So you think it was all about them trying to get me out of the Righteous, it had nothing to do with the way you PEOPLE were treating me or the condition that the Righteous was in?”

Dev continued to speak in a hard firm voice, “the condition of the Righteous was irrelevant, it needed changes and they were being made. I never treated you poorly until you disrespected me.” She tightened her fist into a little ball as she looked at him, “it went down hill even more then that and you know it.. do you remember why I disrespected you?” Dev shook his head at her,”no I don’t.” She growled slightly and then took a deep breath trying to calm herself, “so you make assumptions based on things that you don’t even remember?” Dev cleared his throat, “I know I wouldn’t have done something without just cause, I never do.” She took a deep breath again, “your just cause was the demands of Jonathan and he was half the problems.” Dev glared back at her, “you know as well as I do that I never took commands if I didn’t agree with them.”

She wanted to smack him, hit him… do anything to him to try and knock some sense into him, “but the point is Dev, you never came and spoke with me, you just fucking did what you assumed was right.. you didn’t give me a chance.” Dev sighed, ” and I apologized to you just the other day.” She looked down at the ground and took a deep breath, “I know, but as you can see I was still hurt.. it doesnt matter now, forget I said anything.” Dev looked over to her, “well I apologize again Vishous, perhaps you’ll forgive and forget.” She tried not to think about it anymore as she glanced over at the disheveled bible “what happened to your all mighty book?” Dev shrugged, “I’m not sure, I just found it laying on the floor when I walked in.” She looked at the book without expression, “shame, who would want to tear up..” she threw up some air quotes for the next line “something so precious.” She caught a glimpse at her right hand and was disgusted by it and put it quickly behind her back so as not to see it.

Dev sighed and shook his head, “I don’t mock the way you do things Vishous, I’ll ask you to extend the same courtesy.” She sighed, “I’m sorry Dev, first I heard about what happened with you then I got a reality check from a fucking KA, I haven’t been in the best of moods lately.” Dev stepped up beside her, moving his left arm behind her back grabbing for her right hand, “Is this the reality check you go?” She looked away as she tried to yank her hand back ashamed, it was at that moment another angel by the name of Dena approached, she watched Dev and asked, “everything alright over there?” Dev looked over and nodded to Dena, “everything’s fine.” Dena nodded and moved on as Dev returned his look to her, “so is that what you meant Vish? Got a little roughed up by a Kindred.” She glared down at the ground before looking back up to Dev, “my hand back please…”

Dev released her hand and then stepped back as she growled lightly “he took my fucking trigger finger Dev, how would you feel, I’m only human, it’s not like the bloody damn thing will grow back on its own.” Dev nodded in understanding and then asked, “I supposed he did this to you unprovoked?” She bit her lip before she continued, “he called me out in haven, about a grudge that he held for a long time. Something I totally forgot about. Apparently I took his liver for Quiet… hell I think that was even back when I was still in the Righteous.” Dev laughed, “funny how things come back around no?” She snarled and growled at him, “I appreciate you not mocking me, SIR, I never antagonized you when you were hurt and injured.” Dev covered his mouth hiding the smile, “you’re right Vishous, I apologize… have you spoken with Terrox about giving you an attachment for it?” She looked back up to him calming down once again, “I havn’t seen Terrox, nor Farea…” Dev nodded, “you should see them before you lose all feeling in the finger, perhaps they can fix you up.’” She blinked “lose all feelin in the finger Dev? Its gone…” She held up her hand again only showing just the four fingers and a matted bandage. Dev sighed, “before you lose all the nerves in it, or whatever they are.” Dev looked up to the balcony and then back to her “if you will excuse me Vishous I need to attend to a few things in the office.” She sighed and stepped back looking around the room suddenly noticing everyone around, “right I’m out anyways, don’t want to interrupt bible study.”

She woke up slowly and groggy at first.. rolling over to check the time. She was shocked, she had actually slept for a solid six hours. Then suddenly the nights events flooded back to her and she sat up right to check her hand. She breathed a sigh of relief when she noticed all five fingers still in place, only a scar remained in a ring around her finger. A friendly reminder that it had been removed at one point in time. She fell back onto the bed with a sigh as she groaned when she hit her head on the head board slightly. She could already tell, she was waking up to what was going to be a wonderful day.

No comments: