Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Else is There?

She spent 4 days and nights in the snow on the beach until one morning she woke up and realized he was gone. She didn’t know if he would ever be coming back, but that morning when she awoke a little piece of her died. She looked over herself for the first time fully taking in what she did to herself and she didn’t care. Shaynee and Devi had visited occassionally to check on her and bring her food but she was so catatonic she couldn’t focus on anything but him. Her skin was dry and broken, she was pale and could barely keep herself standing from malnurishment…but none of it mattered any more, she knew she would physically be able to heal. She sighed as she slowly walked away from the beach… everything else would take much longer.

She spent the next two days unsure what she was doing herself. All she knew that in the back of her mind she didn’t want to loose anyone else. Dante meant more to her then most people would probably ever realize. She stood in th street and looked up suddenly catching the sight of Dev. Dev who was now human, his angel wings torn from him like a branch is ripped off of a tree. She decided she couldnt hold back any longer. She needed to talk to him.

She looked up to him as she met him in the Ryder base.. “how long have we known each other Dev?” Dev shrugged “What a year or so? Wanna go upstairs? Its a little warmer there.” She nodded slowly her mind already trying to comprehend how she was going to tell him what she really wanted to tell him as she slowly followed him up the stairs. Dev took a seat into a chair as she took one next to him.. “Alright Vish spill it…whats on your mind?” She looked over to him “Your human now right?” Dev nodded “Yup, I figured it out when I had to start shaving.”

She slowly lowered the hood on her sweatshirt from her head as she looked over to him “I really don’t know where to start.” She leaned forward bending over at the waist slightly as her body lightly trembled trying to find the words. Dev drummed his fingers against his stomach, watching her patiently. She spoke slowly at first “Being human makes you realize things Dev.. I don’t know if you know this or not…but it makes you value what you have.” She looked up to the ceiling and then closed her eyes before she looked back down to stare at the ground, “there has been one constant thing in Toxia Dev since I’ve been here.. do you know what that is?” Dev shook his head “nope, sure don’t.”

She felt sick.. why was she doing this? She let a hand rest on her stomach and then took a deep breath before closing her eyes, her voice trembled as she fought to say the word.. “you.” Dev nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders, “yup and most of the others who are too stupid to leave..whats your point?” She clamped her hands together to hide her trembling as she glared at the floor in frustration “Could you please try not to be an asshole for like 5 god damn minutes?” Dev paused a moment before continuing “Sorry, you just aren’t making any sense to me.. I got you being all weird, Shaynee talking some weird stuff.. so yeah I’ve been here and im constant, so is the church, the pit, this garage.. whats your point?”

Suddenly it hit her.. the same feeling that shes had since she left the beach that morning and met with Quiet and Shaynee, and intense feeling of lust and passion and an urge that started to drive her bonkers. She sighed and shook her head “I’m ignoring the fact right now of everything my body wants to do to you and I’m talking to you.. you Dev.. you have been constant in my life since I came here.. you mentored me, you made me think, we’ve both changed but despite all of that, we still talk..” She took a deep breath and bent over at the waist again trying to compose her thoughts so she didn’t continue to babble on. Dev raised a brow and asked sarcastically “Is it the hair? I knew the chicks would dig the hair.” She looked around the room suddenly before dropping her head down in between her knees, she debated standing and walking out.. she was trying her best to tell him something that she has been wanting to tell him for a long time but she was beginning to to think that it was a mute point she mumbled slightly “Why am I even bothering?”

Dev sighed and reached over resting the palm of his hand on her back rubbing her gently “Sorry Vish, go ahead and tell me what you’re trying to say I’ll quit playing around.” Her body trembled lightly at his touch but she forced herself to continue to stare down at the ground as she kept her voice low, “Dev, I have been through more then you could ever believe, and you were a part of that always some how.” She paused as she tried to control the trembling on her body before continuing “I was told something that has made me realize my mortality as a human.” She lowered her head, the lose of someone so close caused Jonny’s words to echo in her head more and more each day as she whispered them remembering the day she heard them for the first time “like a falling leaf in autumn.”

Dev pulled his hand back as he looked at her, he nodded to her “What was that?” She looked up finally and met his eyes with here’s, “I nedto keep something constant in my life. I need to make sure, despite how much time I have left in this mortal life with a family of immortals, that I have you somehow.” Dev cracked a smile and reached over patting her on the back “you don’t have to worry about me going anywhere Vish, mortal or not i’m still pretty tough.” She continued to look at him at first “Dev, honestly despite everything we’ve been through I have always thought of you as a dear friend of mine in this city..” she looked away and then looked down to the ground as her leg started to bounce up and down lightly as her nervousness showed. She bit her lip as she tried to figure out how to tell him the next part.

Dev chuckled lightly as he looked over to her “I guess, in some weird fucked way we have been close over the year, whether trying to kill one another.. or you know just whatever.. yeah I guess we have been pretty good friends. ” She nodded to him slowly as she stood and moved close to him, she hesitated as she reached out to take his hand, “I don’t want you to misunderstand this next part because its not words I use very often.” Her fingers brushed lightly over his hand as she looked him directly in the eyes “There is a place for you in my heart..” Dev looked up at her, his eyes were wide and he started to stammer “Uhh, yea I care about you as well…” She looked down at him as she reached out and brushed her hand lightly across his cheek as she crouched beside the chair next to himwatching his reactions “Whats wrong?” Dev laughed nervously, and watched her hand closely, “Oh nothing.. just the softer side is a bit different..” She instantly pulled her hand away as she looked down to the ground once again “and you still can’t trust me.. okay yes I will admit it..there is something inside of me that I have never felt before that is making me want to jump on top of you and do things that I have never imagined.. but right now I am fighting all of that to try and have this talk with you, a talk that I have never had the balls, so to speak, to tell you.” She took a deep breath before she continued.. ” I have always had a softer side, just not many get to know it, or even try.”

Dev hesitated slightly before he looked over to her “Well Vish, you have to understand, I’ve trusted you before and it bit me in the ass, and now you come to me saying all of this stuff, I mean how am I supposed to act? Do you think I should just forget everything in the past? And you wanting to jump m bones.. have you been to the coven again? Cuz if so I’d stay away from those damn cookies!” She dropped her head in between her hands and her legs as she remained crouched down next to the chair beside him “Dev you weren’t the only one affected by those things remember?” She stood slowly, as she did lifting her shirt just enough to expose her stomach showing a distinct scar of a V, “you left me something I will never forget.” She looked down to the side as her words became light mumbles, “and no I haven’t been around the coven.. but something is making me want you.. and its killing me.”

Dev reached his hand out and ran his gloved fingers across her scar, “It healed up better then I expected, and yes I know it affected us both, but you’ve done some pretty gnarly shit in your short time here.” She closed her eyes and fought back any reaction her body wanted to have to his touch until his hand fell from her skin. She took a deep breath as she let her shirt fall down back into place as she looked back up to him once again, “my sister does well when it comes to healing..” She moved forward and crouched down in front of him as she looked up to him her eyes wide, “set everything aside of what I have done to other people along with yourself, focus on the you and me right now, can we make it work? Can we still continue to be friends?”

His eyes watched her shirt fall and cover the scar, turning his attention fully to her and not her shape he nodded once with a warm smile, “yes Vish, I do believe we can, just try not to kill me anymore?” She reached out her hand instantly at his words to try and gently touch his cheek once again but she pulled it back and let it come to a rest on his chest as she shifted fighting her bodies reactions to him, ”do you think you can handle keeping me alive as well?” Dev smirked at her as his body didn’t tense away from her touch, “yeah I reckon..any suggestions on how we can arrange that?” She stood slowly as she smiled moving her body in close to him, “I’m curious myself if you have any ideas..” Dev shrugged, “I reckon we just go for a tamer version of our past relationship, we can’t play rough forever.”

It was at that point that she lost control, her mind was no longer focusing on Dev the friend, it was focusing on Dev the male subject in front of her. She smiled as she leaned forward at his words as she let her lips brush lightly against his cheek one hand coming to a rest lightly on his chest, “your right, but playing rough is fun sometimes.” Dev smiled wide as he shifted in his seat, almost blushing he playfully winked at her, “well, yeah I suppose it is…so umm this whole wanting to jump my bones thing.. you wanna go to the back?” She looked over her shoulder towards the back as she looked back to him her body shifting suddenly as she purred to him “you have no idea.” It was at that instant that Dev suddenly stood to his feet and popped her on the ass, “get outta here kiddo, you don’t wanna have any regrets.”

She rubbed her ass lightly with her hand as she looked forward to him, “regret what exactly?” She reached out and grabbed lightly onto his jacket starting to mumble, “this is where the fun starts.” Dev shook his head and nudged her towards the door, “no this is where the fun ends and we get to stay civil for another year.” She tilted her head to the side as she backed up slowly towards the stairs, “how do you resist something you know you want?” Dev grinned, “its one of those beautiful things us mortals have..its called a conscientious, and I know if I were to take you in that back room, or even have the slightest urge to take you into that back room it would be bad for us and all those nice things you just said to me would be shit out the window.” She looked down and hesitated before speaking to himagain “two consenting adults, can’t have fun?” Her body heat was rising as she took a deep breath, “nothing will change what I just told you Dev, I have wanted to tell you that before you even became an angel, its something I’ve been holding back for a long time.”

Dev looked across at her, she could tell there was strain in his voice, “two consenting adults can have fun yes, one consenting adult and another having a weird time in her life right now, No. They can’t have a good time.” She sighed as she looked away, “and suddenly I feel like I’mgetting lectured by a teacher.” She turned towards the stairs as she looked back over her shoulder at him once again in a final plea, “what if I didn’t tell you everything?” Dev sighed as he flopped back into his chair, “have a good evening Vish, come back when you wanna go for a joy ride.” She smiled and laughed lightly as she continued to look back to him, “you would have a lot of joy on the ride I was about to give you..” He smirked as she shook his head and waved his hand at her, “go on kiddo, before you get us bothin trouble.” She turned around one more time as she took a step back letting her hand trace softly over her collar bone, “just say yes Dev.” It was at that time she saw Dev turn his gaze to the window and wave her away once more not saying a word. She hesitated as she spoke up, “just one more thing Dev, then I promise I’ll go since I can’t seem to break you?” He finally looked back to her, “ask away Vish.” It was at that instant she moved across the room, her long legs reaching and jumping up onto him before he had a chance to react. She wrapped her legs and arms around him tightly as she embraced him in a tight hug. He chewed on his cheek and looked off to the side as he held her up before speaking softly, “alright now get outta here.” She pulled his face over to look at her as she planted a soft kiss on his lips, “don’t look like its going to kill you smexy,” she winked at himas she turned and darted down the stairs. As she hit the bottom of the steps she heard Dev’s faint words as he looked down at his arousal and grumbled, “you’re an idiot.”

No comments: